AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what would you do?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

straw walker
Posted 5/31/2013 20:11 (#3130011)
Subject: what would you do?

2 weeks ago (Thursday, 5/16/13) my Trimble FM 750 monitor stopped working, the screen just went black in the middle of a round of planting corn. I had 3 days of planting left to go, I could use the row markers but much prefer auto steer. plus they were calling for rain, turns out they were right because we haven't turned a wheel since we finished corn.

so I give the Case IH dealer (Titan Machinery) a call to see what they can do for me. The guy I talked to said he'd find out and call me back. he calls back says they will bring out a new one and see if they can find what caused my problem, but I can't keep it while mine is getting fixed. I told him straight forward that if I can't keep it, don't waste my time and I'll just use the markers. he said he'd check again and call me back. he calls back and says I can use it while mine is getting fixed but I am liable for it if it gets broken... I kinda figured that was understood from the beginning.

they bring it out, I start it up, call omni star to transfer my subscription. It turns out that the new 750 isn't omni star unlocked. I call my dealer, they said they'd get to it first thing the morning. it was 6:00pm and the Case IH office where they call for the unlock code closes at 5:00. that was fine, I ran with waas the rest of the night.

I called them the next morning, they said they sent Case IH an email and will call me when they hear back. Before I knew it, it was 2:00 pm and I hadn't heard anything. I called, no email reply. 5:00pm comes, I call, still no email reply. Saturday morning I called again, my patience had wore quite thin by now. they still hadn't received an email reply. He says "can't you just run on waas?" I told him yes, but when I pay several hundred dollars for the omni star subscription I'd sure like to use it. I asked if perhaps they could make a phone call. they did and surprise, surprise 15 minutes later I had the unlock code.

I finished planting that Sunday. Everything went fine until today... I received a bill from the dealership for $2080 for the unlock code. I know that is what it costs for the unlock, but this was a temporary thing while my monitor was in the shop. I'm really hoping this bill is a mistake, I didn't look at my mail until tonight and they were already closed. I'll definitely be calling them in the morning.

If they are trying to bill me the full amount for the unlock code... what would you do?

Edited by straw walker 5/31/2013 20:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)