AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trying to make one JD 2630 run both a 1770NT planter w/ SeedstarXP and a 1910 air cart
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Luckyfarmer
Posted 5/21/2013 18:30 (#3109906 - in reply to #3102122)
Subject: RE: Trying to make one JD 2630 run both a 1770NT planter w/ SeedstarXP and a 1910 air cart

Central South Dakota
I pull a 16 row 1770 with a 3 tank 1910 behind it. When we hook up if the air cart is unplugged from the planter, the implement will auto populate as a planter. Deere still doesn't believe any of us pull one of these behind a cornplanter so if you hook an aircart up to it, it will only populate as a seeder. What I do is plug the corn planter in first, go to implement tab and write down all measurments for the corn planter offsets. I then plug the aircart in and reboot the system. I believe I used a 2510s as my base platform under seeder and then entered the planter offsets into the measurements. I do not use the implement 2 tab.

On my documents tab, the front tank of the airseeder is tab1, the middle tank is tab2, the rear tank is tab3 and the planter is tab 4. If you have 2 of the tanks set as the same product when first booting the system up for the very first time during the season it can confuse the computer and screw your tab setting up. During the season, the rear tank and planter tab will ocassionally reverse themselves. The way to prevent this from happening is to pop the 2630 moniter off the corner post, start the tractor and then plug the 2630 back in to make it go through the long boot on startup.

On the coverage maps, the aircart is what shows covearge on our maps. We are variable rating all three tanks of product. Under the fourth tab, you pick your corn varieties and assign them a color just like if you only had the planter on by itself. I have our planter set up to do variable rate and each motor set to run independent rates of the other one. In tab #4 under documentation on ours you assign the varieties your planting to either side of the tank.

Ourmoniter looks a lot like yours if you run independent pages. What I do in the layout, is is pick the option with the spit half screen top and bottom with the narrown strip to the right. My corn planter runs on the top half, my aircart runs on the bottom half and my guidance/coverage runs to the right with the shift track/steering options.

Edit: Your last picture is correct on section control as it is showing front tank, rear tank and then planter. I'm assuming your using a two tank cart? What is do is set the cart turn on and off times 1 second ahead of the planter. Anymore than that and it can start making your row clutches pop on and off in weird configurations in the headlands. (I'm assumning deere has a software glitch as until this year i would use 2-3seconds on the cart settings) Our cart is turned on and off automatically by two implement switches on rows 7 and 10 that are plumbed back to the cart lift switch connector. This allows the swath control to shut the cart off as soon as the very last row clutch shuts off on the planter.

Edited by Luckyfarmer 5/21/2013 18:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)