AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FMX Antenna best location
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

case14
Posted 5/19/2013 12:30 (#3105334)
Subject: FMX Antenna best location

MN
I really have had a challenge getting my new FMX and autopilot to perform to my standards since we switched to soybeans. The autopilot system really is having a tough time holding the line running RTK. The tractor is a CaseIH MX210 Magnum with a Trimble Platform kit with singles in front. I believe I can contribute most of the lack of line holding ability to field conditions of V ripped (fall) and then one pass field cultivator (spring). I have adjusted the valve speed settings to try to help, but that still doesn't help too much. Duals in front may help, but I sure thought I would get better performance out of it.

I do have the antenna at the front of the cab in the middle. I talked to my dealer and he said the system was designed to have the antenna over the fixed axle. In that location, the antenna to fixed axle would be zero. Would that help the system perform better or does the measurement antenna to fixed axle do a great job compensating the antenna being in front of the axle?

I'm running 7.1.71207 version on the FMX and 5.25 on the Nav 2 with Vehicle: MX 180_305FS. The nav 2 is mounted on a plate behind the seat that came with the platform kit, wires facing the door, Nav 2 on it's side with the fins facing the back of the seat.

Direct Entry for Yaw = 90.00, Pitch=0.00, and Roll=285.00 I'm also concerned about these measurements being right. They were directly loaded with the Vehicle Profile. For some install instructions for this platform kit, it says to mount it on the back wall of the cab, that wall isn't a perfect 90 degree angle and my tractor doesn't have the studs to mount it there so I used the mounting plate provided in the kit.

Would there be any difference is performance due to the Nav 2 being on the wall (not at a 90 degree to the floor) vs. on the mounting plate (perfect 90 degrees)?

Just trying to dial these things in while it is wet out and we can't be in the field.

I'm also wanting to upgrade firmware on my other tractor with autopilot and redo the calibration. Anybody know of a source for AP toolbox?

Thanks for the help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)