AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can someone give me the low down on pro 700?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

MAnthony0
Posted 5/18/2013 21:25 (#3104345 - in reply to #3102710)
Subject: Re: Can someone give me the low down on pro 700?

The easiest way I have found to explain the logic of the Pro monitors is to think of it like this; the "Toolbox" menu is what is available for use on the planter, guidance, third party extras. Everything that is available to the display. Then you go to the "Work Condition" menu to select the exact options you are using for the specific "Task" that you are doing in the "Field". For instance, a 16/31 1240 pivot planter is configured in the toolbox as having 31-15" rows. Each section is configured with the number of rows on it. Now we go to the "Work Condition" where we select the "Rows" tab and select 16-30" rows to plant corn. The display automatically knows then to ignore the seed sensors on the split rows, and the list of rows on the "Rows" tab reflects this. It also gives the operator the option to use Section Control without individual row clutches by turning on and off the variable rate moters on each section.

When you think about how all of the data is loaded into desktop software, the heirarchy of the Grower, Farm, Field, and Task makes life much easier. Most of us started out with the displays and now are looking to get data into a computer to help make management decisions, when we should have gotten a grasp on the desktop software first to understand how the displays need to be operated to get the most bang for management decisions. Now we are doing (at least me) what seems to be everything over from scratch because I have miss identified fields, twenty swath lines with no idea which one to choose, only dates and time for tasks, when all we had to do was understand to label, label, label the way we could most easily utilize the desktop software.

As for education, if your local dealer doesn't have somone dedicated to helping out, don't just throw your hands up. CaseIH offers online courses, in-person education, as well as call center support... all of which is very good. I have to agree though that the hard copy of manuals becoming outdated as soon as you get an update leaves a lot to be desired. There should at least be a suppliment available for download to fill in the gaps. However, the majority of the manuals are the same throughout every upgrade.

If you're still foggy, e-mail me with specifics and maybe we can get them cleared up.

Mark
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)