AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trying to make one JD 2630 run both a 1770NT planter w/ SeedstarXP and a 1910 air cart
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 5/17/2013 14:30 (#3102229 - in reply to #3102172)
Subject: Re: Trying to make one JD 2630 run both a 1770NT planter w/ SeedstarXP and a 1910 air cart

Gerard - 5/17/2013 13:38

What is your tool set as in the 1910 setup screen?

That is an excellent question. I assume it's set up as an 1890 drill. I have never looked at that and never tried to change it while working with the planter. I think I have gone in there to change the width of the 1890 so that it would match the 1770NT on the documentation, but other than that, I have never tried to tell it that it's something than what it auto-populates to be. I will have to try that.

Gerard - 5/17/2013 13:38

If the cart is plugged into the planter when starting the tractor, I won't be able to select multiple varieties. If I unplug the cart and start the tractor and then plug in the cart, then I can still select multiple varieties. To get the planter coverage map, I have to go into the swath control settings and there should be a screen with buttons for each operation (2 tanks and planting) and you should be able to select the planter. Hope that helps a bit.

Honestly, that sounds like a pain. If I didn't already have the 2600 and the second tractor harness installed, I would want to do that but since I've already got the money tied up in that stuff and will likely lose money on it if I attempt to sell them, I'm tempted to keep using two monitors if I have to do that. That being said, when we slow down again, I am going to try changing the settings of the 1910 cart to something else and just see how it works. I really would like the clutter out of the cab, but I'm not sure I would like to have to unplug and re-plug the 1910 in every time I restart the tractor.

Do I understand correctly that you can't see your coverage map for your planting operation just by switching to a home page that has a map on it? I really would not like that either if that's the case. Anyway, thanks for sharing your experiences. That helps a lot.

If I do have to stick with two displays, I think I'll try to get Ag Express to make me one harness that is the appropriate length and has two JD tractor harnesses in the one loom without all the extra unneccessary stuff in it so that my cab environment is cleaned up at least.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)