AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ontrac and jd 8320
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

keyser_soze
Posted 5/15/2013 22:39 (#3099723 - in reply to #3099262)
Subject: Re: Ontrac and jd 8320

On Trac2+ require 10 Hz and a Baud rate of 38400 according to Ag Leader. This can be found by touching: wrench > GPS Guidance tab (the one with the steering wheel and gps antenna on it - 3rd from right) > Port settings

Things to check-
Make sure your antenna offsets are correct. Height, wheelbase, etc. Make sure you're changing the ones within the OT2 menu. The Tractor offsets need to be correct too but check the ones in the OT2 menu. You get there by touching: wrench > GPS guidance > then the wrench by the drop down menu that says OnTrac > Manage Vehicle > edit

You can adjust most of the steering settings you need in the run screen. I would start by lowering your Steering response to 8 or so (I seem to always do that). If that doesn't do it, I would change your Heading aggressiveness, which IIRC has to be adjusted by going back out to the OT2 menu accessed by touching the home screen then the wrench, then the wrench in the upper left corner. After you change that, I would look at Cross Track error.

I don't usually move the Line Acquisition number, but if I do I generally have to raise it.

If none of that works, I would re-calibrate the OT2 and make sure that you get the minimum motor output set correctly.

In my experience, you can't really use the settings from one 8320 to the next. There are so many variables. From front weights, to front duals, to differences in tractor hydraulics.

Keep in mind that an assisted steering system will perform the best if you get the tractor close to the line (<3 ft in my experience) before engaging it. An assisted guidance system can only turn the wheel so fast so really aggressive turns are very hard to steer on.

Edited by keyser_soze 5/15/2013 22:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)