AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Using Area Feature in FMX for Trials
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ADSPete
Posted 5/11/2013 06:16 (#3092122)
Subject: Using Area Feature in FMX for Trials

Queensland
Hi All
A couple of questions for the Trimble faith full

I have been looking for a way to use the FMX area feature to be able to show where different treatments have been planted in a field and which are now ready to be harvested. The trials where put in place without coverage data from a display however they where drawn in a GIS package.
I have put the "Areafeature.shp" file into the correct field folder on the display which works just fine and i can see the features. The question i have is, is there anyway to assign different colors or names to the different treatments?
Things i have tried:
1. create the area features as i required T1, T2, T3 and assigned different colours on the display.
2. Exported the AreaFeature.shp" and AreaFeatureDictionary.Txt" file to my pc
3. Modified the trial polygon to match the same structure as per the exported files. (the file imports to the display but as an "unknown area" in the feature tab)

This is an important function that would be very handy for populating the FMX display from GIS packages. There are many objects which can not be practically collected by the FMX display in the first place. Power lines, water infrastructure and other hazards are already in place and are stored spatially already.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

P.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)