AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bad Ag Leader Sure Stop Clutches
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 5/10/2013 06:28 (#3090281 - in reply to #3090094)
Subject: Re: Bad Ag Leader Sure Stop Clutches

Missouri
I have seen that happen one time. I was testing clutches on a planter in the shop, and half of them (randomly distributed amongst the planter) would not disengage. It turned out that the battery I was using to power the Integra was almost dead.

Other than that, problems with surestops have been so rare, I can't offer much advice based on experience.

I have seen them have a tendency to drag along if they have an excessive buildup of greasy dirt between the sprockets. I'd try cleaning this up with a compressed air wand.

Even when not disengaged, these clutches will freewheel in the forward direction. Take off a row unit, and turn the meter sprocket in a forward rotation. The clutch will allow you to do this whether it is disengaged or not. This will give you the opportunity to feel the "rolling resistance" of that clutch. It should turn pretty freely. In fact, you could do this twice, once on a malfunctioning row, and once on a good one, and compare the amount of drag you feel on each of them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)