AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kinze ISO
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 5/9/2013 22:11 (#3089901 - in reply to #3089415)
Subject: Re: Kinze ISO

Missouri
Good so far. I've seen a few minor glitches, but nothing that has impaired performance or function. The singulation monitoring with the new sensors is pretty revealing. Brand new finger meters get grumpy if the first seed fill doesn't have a double portion of graphite, and 2mph makes the difference between 80% singulation, and 98% singulation.

All our ISO planters are running behind GS3 monitors. One hiccup I have seen is when first turning on swath control. The planter works fine on manual control, before turning on swath control. From the VT window, the manual section control buttons (and everything else) work just fine when operating manually. Turning on swath control on the GS3 for the first time (on every planter) has resulted in what I have taken to calling a "fumbled handoff". Once automatic swath control has been turned on, the manual section control buttons no longer respond to manual control (presumably this is by design). Each time, putting the planter in the ground and driving, the clutches would stay disengaged. It was necessary then to repeat the configuration wizard again (2 minute process), then the ISO modules on the planter reboot. They disappear from the display, and then return after they finish booting back up. Implement offsets are then repopulated, and the automatic swath control function then operates normally after that. On each of several planters, this has occurred. It's been a one time process. After they work the first time, they just stay working.
The other glitch I have seen has been random. For some of these planters the John Deere greenstar guys set up the display to include the Kinze VT screen as one of the pages you cycle through with the GS3 home button. Some of the time, accessing the Kinze screen this way is nonresponsive. Accessing it the normal way through it's button on the menu screen has worked without issue.
So far, for version 1 firmware, it has done well.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)