AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do you mount a geosteer control module in a magnum 260?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

premiertech
Posted 5/6/2013 20:54 (#3084167 - in reply to #3082124)
Subject: RE: How do you mount a geosteer control module in a magnum 260?

Alden and Osage, IA
Case7140 - 5/5/2013 18:15

Putting a geosteer in a magnum 260. Tech says mount behind seat in floor which makes things very cluttered. Can you use the factory hole for the nav II? Thanks for any suggestions

Talked about not long ago....
http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=386524&posts=5...

The GCU will mount in the same location that the NAV2 controller mounts, behind the seat tucked away very nicely and neatly behind the upholstery. That is where the instructions tell you to mount it.

The AccuGuide Ready tractors have an OEM wheel angle sensor that the GeoSteer will communicate with through the OEM harness.

As far as cables go, it depends on how much time you want to spend dismantling the tractor to hide cables. I typically run the 2 coax cables on top of the roof and hold them down with cable clamps and zip tie the 2 cables together every 6-8 inches. Then I come down the Right Rear cab post and use more cable clamps, then run under the rear window and dive behind the SMV symbol. You can hide lots of cables behind there.

To enter the cab, I usually drill two 1 3/8" holes (behind the upholstery behind the seat) in the floor straight down and bring cables in and out there. Then use grommets to seal the holes up and protect the cables. You will still have quite a few cables behind the upholstery piece, but it makes for a nice clean entry into the cab.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)