AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Low supply voltage on EPM: Part 4 - AMS and compressor power harness
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 5/5/2013 16:58 (#3081834)
Subject: Low supply voltage on EPM: Part 4 - AMS and compressor power harness

We have a 2011 Case Steiger 400 that is pulling a 2011 JD 1770NT 24 row 30" planter with CCS, XP units, pro hoppers and SeedStarXP. The controlling monitor is a 2630. Behind the planter we're pulling a 2011 JD 1910 air cart. The controlling monitor for it is a JD 2600. Both units are provided position information via a NMEA string from a Leica auto-steer system. Both systems are receiving a simulated radar speed from a SkyTracker "hockey puck" GPS unit (one unit tied in to both harnesses). I have been struggling with low supply voltage to the electronic power modules on the planter ever since we switched to a red tractor and it makes life miserable in the field. I want to get to the bottom of it. Since I believe the problem could be from any number of harnesses, I'm going to make several small questions in separate threads. This paragraph (in blue) will be the same in all of the threads so if you read more than one part, feel free to skip the blue part next time.

This should be the last post. Does anyone have a pinout for the AMS and compressor power harness? I assume this harness provides power to the air compressor for the pneumatic downforce and other stuff. Maybe it provides all the power for the EPM's? Maybe that's where my entire problem is? Perhaps I don't have that wired to a good source? This was two years ago but I believe I wired it to the battery and then I had to wire power from the ignition circuit in to this harness so that the solenoid on the harness allowed the harness itself to power up.

Thanks to anyone for any help provided.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)