AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

guess the date of this picture
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Galaxie64
Posted 4/23/2013 21:41 (#3058513 - in reply to #3056237)
Subject: RE: I don't understand the surprise about snow in April.

WY, OK

Gary Lyon - 4/22/2013 21:51

Is April snow really that uncommon, are some too young to know much about the weather, or are we just getting cabin fever and are anxious to be in the fields? 

Every generation likes to think they are living in some kind of "special" time, if they were to actually look at daily records they'd see our "current" weather isn't anything special.  I've heard the 4th of July snow stories as well as stories of calf buyers from TX coming out the end of August and being amazed by the snowfall.  A lot of people are also clueless about how elevation is far more important than Latitude, I know people in Canada that have far better weather than we do.  Their elevation is about 1300' and are around the 50th parallel where we are 7K' and in the low 40's.

Doesn't help when the Weather channel idiots are also clueless and try to make a big deal about Snow in WY or CO in April, that is nothing we usually see some in early June and it definitely can snow during any month.  It helps their global climate change agenda though when they can point to any weather they deem "abnormal" as proof.  Guess they are clueless that to have an average you need extreme lows AND highs.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)