AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

modular homes? wausau homes?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ihmanky
Posted 4/23/2013 02:32 (#3056374 - in reply to #3055884)
Subject: Re: modular homes? wausau homes?

KY
We just sold our modular custom last week, pending the closing now. Stick built in the process of going up on our home farm. I have no experience with Wausau, but they tout "Amish-built" modulars around here and that's what we bought 9 years ago. I knew the first time I went to install a dimmer switch and saw the wiring we were in trouble. House settled funny, hinge screws for cabinet doors eventually pull the threads, even with 2x6 walls the place seems "loose" to me. Wife can't run a hair dryer in the master bath for more than a couple minutes or the breaker trips. Outdoor plug and both bathrooms are on the same GFI circuit...?? Anything over a 40 watt light bulb will blow in a matter of days. Just small odds and end stuff that drove us nuts. We got about 6,000 more than we invested in ours but had to let 10 acres go with it due to location. So, essentially we lost money, but more than anything, with two kids we just outgrew our 1500 sq. ft home and have been saving to build the past few years. You do what you can do, when you can do it, at the time for us, pregnant with our first, me fresh out of the military, it was about all we could do, but I wouldn't do it again in hindsight.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)