AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

modular homes? wausau homes?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MN Dave 2
Posted 4/22/2013 21:13 (#3055884 - in reply to #3055426)
Subject: Re: modular homes? wausau homes?

we know someone who built a modular 16 years ago....very little has NOT had to be replaced. Five years ago we were very close to also building a modular (this was before most of the replacements started) and eventually went with the stick built. At the time, we did our best to spec out a stick built and a modular the same way to get as accurate cost comparison as possible. It came down to the stick built appearing to cost $8-10K more. During this selection period we revisited a modular home builder that was in the process of moving a house we were kind of interested in. I was shocked about how nice it had looked on the inside all finished and put together and how crappy it looked when you could see the inner wall construction. We built the stick built and have no regrets at all. The summer we built our house, another couple in the community built a modular and we both happened to use the same plumber. The plumber mentioned on day how it was going to cost this other couple about $10k more for plumbing than they were anticipating. Evidently "ready to hook up" means different things than they were thinking. I know we had looked at both "average quality" "high end" modular homes. I'm pretty sure our friends have way more in the replacement items than they had in the original 16 years ago.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)