AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It was not the Chinese, it was the Canadians!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Chimel
Posted 4/15/2013 23:33 (#3038776)
Subject: It was not the Chinese, it was the Canadians!

To follow up on Pilgrim's previous thread My agronomist says the Chinese have this information about GM vs. non-Gm corn composition, now we have a source from Canada, or at least a messenger. We still don't know anything about the validity of the comparison, like where and how, but it does look a little more valid and worrying. It would at least be worthy of separate analyses to confirm the discrepancy for calcium and magnesium and the presence of metaldehyde. The web site below published the analysis in full, but they didn't seem to have performed any form of investigation.

http://www.momsacrossamerica.com/stunning_corn_comparison_gmo_versus_non_gmo

Edit: They actually have a video with the farmer Howard Vlieger (Maurice, Iowa) who grew this crop or lived nearby:
http://www.momsacrossamerica.com/more_info_on_2012_corn_comparison_report

It's 1 hour long, so I'll summarize: The samples came from 2 side by side fields separated by a fencerow in the Midwest in 2012, samples were collected pre-harvest, the non-GM corn field has been GM-free for 5 years, the GM field has been on a glyphosate program for 10 years, corn on corn for the previous 5 years. The lab technician seems to be sure of his results. So even if conditions are not perfect for a comparison test (we don't know which cultivars were used, how much Roundup was used, etc.), these seem to be real life results.

Vlieger also mentions studies showing an effect of glyphosate or formaldehyde on livestock's beneficial gut bacteria that control botulism, especially in wet weather. Well OK, I didn't summarize the whole interview, just the first 15 minutes. ;)

Edited by Chimel 4/15/2013 23:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)