AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nissan Murano starting problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 4/13/2013 18:29 (#3033284 - in reply to #3032660)
Subject: Re: Nissan Murano starting problems

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
This site says yours is not an unusual problem .

http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/murano/18046-keyless-starting-proble...

One possible answer here.
"Carluca,
We finally have our problem fixed! I made many movies on my camera phone of the different problems and Nissan finally found our issue. Our main keyfob was defective. When both of us had our keyfobs with us in the car, the main one overroad the good one and would not work. They removed the batteries of the bad one and the other one was fine. We had to pay for the programming of a new keyfob but it is working great.

We had replaced the batteries in both keyfobs twice within a year AND Nissan had us replace the battery of our car on one of the visits. I sure hope this helps".

Or.
"There is a technical service bulletin for the electronic steering control lock on many nissan push starts. They get stuck in the steering wheel and the circut does not close. I have figured out a way to release the lock mechanism if you cant start the car. I have had one come from the dealer and they couldnt figure it out. It took me a while to figure it out but what I did was unlock and hold the steering wheel tilt lock and shook the **** out of the steering wheel up and down this releases the stuck lock in the steering wheel. Its awkward to do with one hand and the other holding tilt lock down. But it started the car and It hasnt happened again. Its not fixed but the lock cost 500 from dealer and 2 hours labor so around 800 to 1000 to fix. The new lock is improved, but they should cover it. But if youre out of warranty youre short. Anyways hope this helped. "

Edited by Jon Hagen 4/13/2013 18:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)