AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

First Cyprus, then Canada now FDIC ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 3/30/2013 17:12 (#3002398 - in reply to #3002328)
Subject: RE: No, no, no, no

I figured it was all okay just wanted to make sure :-)

We have all been having a wonderful and most civil conversation on here. I hope everyone reading this has learned something and it has expanded everyone's understanding of events. However, unfortunately it's likely given them yet something else to worry about.

In my opinion this Cyprus deal is one of the most key events with the widest reaching ramifications that I have ever seen. I cannot help but feel that this was a carefully constructed test case to gauge public reactions and a test run of their resolve and the citizens reactions to it. 

It's important because it comes up against several key concepts that our republic was founded upon. One being the rule of law and having it apply equally to everybody and the 4th amendment against unlawful searches and seizures. If we throw the Constitution away or make attempts to change it's meaning without following the prescribed method to amend it, then we no longer have a representative form of govt or one that can claim to have the consent of the citizens.

I know sarcasm is very hard to portray in words typed on a page. Sometimes it is hard to pick up in face to face conversation unless you are very familiar and comfortable with those you are talking with.

I guess the clearest way is to throw a manual tag in like [sarcasm on] and [sarcasm off]

Thanks for clarifying John glad we are okay and able to discuss these things like rational adults.

You have been a huge help in expanding my understanding of these complex events and I wish to publicly thank you for everything that you are doing to broaden our understanding in Market Talk.

Edit: You have my public apology I should have known better than to ever question your impeccable character and helpful attitude. That was an error on my part and no disrespect was ever intended or meant. I am most appreciative that you continue to share to the knowledge base we have going here.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)