AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybean sales - damage control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 2/3/2008 17:12 (#300179 - in reply to #299949)
Subject: Re: Soybean sales - damage control

southern MN
I tend to be a procrastinator, which has worked these last 2 years.....

I'm thinking sometime in the next 2 years world ecconomics & planting intentions will somehow combine to make this a price spike, and it would be good to take some of these prices for future years.

My question in my head comes back to, will prices shoot up on a demand first, or will they shoot down on a supply/ecconomic crash first? I believe both will happen, one will wipe out the other. But, which happens first? It will be very depressing in 2009 for those of us who guessed wrong. If the price rise comes first, the following low could be real bad as demand simpley goes away.......

You are correct, the world has very low supplies at this time, weather should push new highs in the coming months. Tho many have purchased ahead that normally don't; and I hear a lot more bean planting is intended in this country & South America to temper demand some.

This is much more fun than $1.40 corn like we had some years ago - whichever way it breaks. :)

I have been pretty bullish myself for the past 18 months; when those that are typically bearish want to become bulls, the wheels sometimes are ready to fall off - the market is not 'right' in those times. But, we have not had a strong demand market in a very long time, so none of this is 'typical' of what we know....

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)