AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CAT Injector Pump Leak
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

4WD
Posted 3/26/2013 22:46 (#2994436 - in reply to #2994378)
Subject: Re: CAT Injector Pump Leak

Between Omaha and Des Moines, 7 miles South of I80

AR1920 - 3/26/2013 22:27 Thanks for the ideas and pics I'll check closer in the morning . One problem is its in a Top Kick , so they built a truck around an engine and theres not much room to get your head in there. The fuel solenoid itself is loose and has been for over 15 years that Ive had it but the 2 bolts that hold it down to the pump are tight. I did unbolt the shutoff and lift it out last fall when it wouldnt start and I thought it might be stuck. Could this have caused the leak underneithe ?

That shouldn't have caused a leak, at the location, you have mentioned. If you look, that area under the shutoff solenoid, it ALSO as one of those plastic drain/vent tubes attached to that area, SO if that area starts leaking fuel, it too, is supposed to go out the plastic tube, and over to the left, front corner of the engine(front of oil cooler area)

Normally, if I was to run a 3208 engine very long, without the shutoff solenoid installed; then I get two shorter bolts and install them where the shutoff was = it keeps that gasket "tight" under there, because it has fuel pressure against it, during running.    

If it was leaking at the fuel shutoff area AND it was loose for 15 years, then I would think that you could see fuel coming out the top, pretty easily. (on a reread; maybe you meant that the plunger is loose INSIDE of the fuel shutoff solenoid. That would be normal)   

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)