AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pics for Jeffoutwest and Herf. guy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Hereford Guy
Posted 3/26/2013 18:26 (#2993542 - in reply to #2993034)
Subject: Re: Pics for Jeffoutwest and Herf. guy

Thanks for the great pics! I have some old and dear friends that swear by that Shorthorn x Hereford cross. TC806,Horned Hereford bulls have lots of advantages. They tend to range well with the cows,tight sheaths that don't snag yucca,soapweed etc. so they get get less cuts that would prevent them from breeding and best of all,they seldom seem to fight. I have yet to see an instance where a horned bull has "flanked" another bull while they were mounting a cow. Polled bulls seem to do it regularly and the one in the cow ends up with a broken penis. They are also some of the most gentle bulls,think big Teddy bears,that I've ever handled,yes they are still a bull and should be handled carefully but I consider docility an important trait in cattle. Who wants to get run over? And ask Garvo or any other cattle feeder on here whether they like the calm calves that stay at the bunk and eat or the wild ones that race to the back of the pens when they see a human. Docility is a heritable trait. Granted,on all of the above,I am prejudiced.

Edited by Hereford Guy 3/26/2013 18:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)