AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A sideshow to the mortgage/liquidity mess
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Art Swannack
Posted 2/2/2008 11:51 (#299240 - in reply to #299089)
Subject: RE: A sideshow to the mortgage/liquidity mess

Hi NVDave,

Good comments. This may be a dumb analogy, but I refer to this as the Men In Black principle, otherwise known as piling on. I believe agent K in MIB said something like "a person can handle it, but people are dumb panicky things and you know it". When everyone realizes what is happening, they also realize they are behind the "front" of activity. So they race to catch up (like chasing the wheat market this winter). Kind of like in MIB II when the giant worm is trying to eat the subway car. Guy coming through the back window doesn't mean much even if really odd, but when the back 1/3 of car gets eaten, suddenly everyone is now paying attention and running away. However they can't go any farther than the front of the car. So someone has to shoot the worm/tranquilize it so everyone gets off safe. Although there is the option of the tranq. not working or the gun not being powerful enough. Then I could see the worm not stopping till most of the car is eaten. Guess that result would be like the Great Depression.

Just rambling on on a Saturday

Art
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)