AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for Ed Winkle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

porksplace
Posted 3/25/2013 21:42 (#2991562 - in reply to #2991324)
Subject: Re: Question for Ed Winkle

Clearville, Pa.
The problem here has never been getting the lime it was being here to keep the truck from getting stuck and getting someone to haul when you need it. Most of the ph is above 6.2 but I need to address it this year in a big way on 2 feilds which have swamps on both sides. I have bought a little bigger 4wd tractor and have a spreader that will be more available then the countys. If I would have known last fall he had the spreader may not have bought pell lime but its here and needs to get on the ground. This area just does not have enough equipment to cover the acres and when they get the rental spreaders from the county some do not keep them moving to go to the next man down the line. The same thing goes on with fertilizer spreaders from the dealers. I have always tried to drop what I am doing and hook into the spreader to keep it moving. Every area has challanges but if any of the people from major farming areas would see some of the areas we farm they would scratch there heads and walk away and tell us how crazy we are!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)