AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

growing seed bean post below
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

JWM_Farms
Posted 3/24/2013 19:01 (#2988406 - in reply to #2987283)
Subject: RE: growing seed bean post below

Grinnell, Iowa
I understand where you are coming from but in my experience with seed beans there isn't really any more documentation than what you described with beans that were grown as seed from day one. The whole system on the seed bean side relys alot on the good 'ol honor system. I had a trucker tell me a story about delivering a few loads of seed beans out of a bin for a farmer who was gone on vacation, a week later the farmer called because bin totals weren't coming out right. Turns out there was a miscommunication about exactly which bin the seed beans were in, in the end the beans that were delivered weren't even from the same company let alone the correct variety. Luckily he caught it early enough and they had stayed segregated at the plant which prevented a major problem but it was still not a good deal for those involved. Moral of the story is that guy was honest and owned up to mistake, how many times does it happen and the guy just keeps his mouth shut and goes on with business as normal?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)