AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

925 flexhead on 1480 project done. (pictures)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Doc Egor
Posted 7/25/2006 21:43 (#29839 - in reply to #29663)
Subject: Re: 925 flexhead on 1480 project done. (pictures)

I think you'll really enjoy that setup Jon!
I don't see any latches/lock bolts for locking the header on your adapter, did you add those after the pics were taken or????

A couple years ago I built the adapter setup to mount a 224 on my 1480 and have been more then satisfied. The only inconvienence is having to change the angle of the feederhouse when going back and forth between the IH corn head and the JD flexhead. The flexhead requires me to roll the feederhouse plate forward to pitch the front down to get a close cut. Plus my old 1480 doesn't have the locks for the header latches so I had to add plates and use pins in order to keep the feederhouse latches locked.

According to the spec books the IH feederhouse drives run slower then the JD drives do. I've already got the high speed wobble box drive pulley on, but if you stick a tach on the wobble box pulley it isn't running quite as fast as it's supposed to......no big deal really thou.

For some reason I can't post pics here....evidently the server doesn't like my dial up connection.

Doc

Edited by Doc Egor 7/25/2006 22:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)