AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cattle Barn w/ Critters (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

agbuilder
Posted 3/22/2013 07:39 (#2982458 - in reply to #2982024)
Subject: RE: Cattle Barn w/ Critters (pics)

Eastern NE
Accu-Steel offers a 20 year warranty on the steel and fabric. Here is a copy and paste from a post I did several months ago that explains a little bit more on the fabric. Fabric is not for everyone so we build all types of buildings but if fabric is what you are after Accu-Steel is a step above the rest; I wouldn't even consider one of their competitors.

copy from previous....
"Here are a few of the benefits of our fabric over steel. There is a 20 year prorated warranty; sheeting manufactures void warranty as soon as it is installed on a livestock building. The fabric will not rust. The fabric lets in natural light. A building with a fabric roof will be cooler during the summer and warmer during the winter then a steel roof because the fabric is thermally neutral. Explanation of thermally neutral = on a hot summer day you can hardly hold your hand on steel. On a hot summer day the fabric will not get unbearably hot.

Here are a few things that separate different fabric buildings. Some fabric buildings have large (100') pieces of fabric covering the entire building. On our building the fabric is in 16' or 20' sections so in a wind event that a 2x4 shoots through the roof you only end up having to replace the damaged section(s) vs redoing the entire roof. Another benefit over our building is that it is engineered without the fabric vs some others use the fabric to structurally hold the building together. The problem with using the fabric as part of the structure is as the fabric wears out the building is no longer structurally sound and will be torn apart by a nasty storm.

Don't get me wrong. I think cattle buildings with a steel roof are great buildings and there are positive/negatives to both. We let the customer choose what they want."
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)