AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

intellislope vs agps or wm drain
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

pschmid7
Posted 3/20/2013 07:59 (#2977802 - in reply to #2976705)
Subject: RE: intellislope vs agps or wm drain

Central Illinois
I agree with IH1486, go with where you have the best support. All of the systems will control your tile plow but not all dealers will help you in a bind.

That said we ran a Intellislope system for many years and have recently switched to a Trimble FMX. There is no way we would ever go back. The FMX has a few small features the Intellislope didn't as well as being useful on the farm in other capacities. I have no experience with the newer Agleader system but I will say Trimble has a long track record doing grade control and its pretty neat how the WM Drain can use the tractor valves through the can bus.

Whichever system you go, don't skimp on GPS quality, thats key. RTK, Glonass, Base Station the works, do it right. VRS through Trimble is good enough to tile with. Outback or Deere RTK is not accurate enough to lay it perfect if you are running minimum fall. Just personal experience I have had.

Disclaimer: I am a Trimble dealer but would still tell you if your dealer support is better for the other two, go with them instead. Having a knowledgable guy to help you in a bind is worth much more than the few features that sell one over the other.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)