AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What are you going to plant
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

greenpower
Posted 1/29/2008 16:27 (#296117 - in reply to #295477)
Subject: RE: What are you going to plant...MN???

N/E Iowa
Guy's around here (Northern Iowa) are starting to switch back to there 50/50 rotation, I know last year my dad and i only had 130 of beans and 690 of corn, this year we are going back to 60/40 rotation. We got hammered last season with BAD wind storm in July, about tasseling time, 130 to 160 bushel corn............ Not a fun fall, picked one way and 1.5 to at best 3.0 mph.. It sucked, and it was wet and sloppy to make things worse!! I don't want to go through that ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These high fertilizer prices have a lot of these farmers second guessing this years inputs. $320.00 for 28%, starting price for triple stack corn $255.00, 32% is out of this world, Yep I'll take my chances with some more bean acres. Plus I jumped the gun and sold $9.78 average fall delivery on some beans back in Nov, Dec. I should have held out.... Got nervous, never sold beans for close to $10.00 out of the field before. Now I'm holding out for $5.00 fall delivery corn... Getting close around here.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)