AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is your actual cost of electricity?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Illinois John
Posted 3/11/2013 08:54 (#2957243 - in reply to #2956591)
Subject: RE: What is your actual cost of electricity if you had none and had to run a generator?

Crawford County, Robinson, Illinois

Ameren offers a plan that meters the electricity hour by hour.  The rates for basic use changes every hour, every day.  I can look up the rates on the internet to find the best time to use electricity, if I have a choice. https://www2.ameren.com/RetailEnergy/realtimeprices.aspx

Yes, there are a host of other charges as well, like taxes and delivery fees.  The basic meter fee with REA depends on the size of the transformer, consistant for a building that may not use electricity all the time, or a grain bin setup that only uses it during dryer season and when unloading grain.

I do remember when we did not have electricity, when I think of those days, the large bills I sometime pay seems cheap.  Also remember what it cost to run the generator for a week during an ice storm, and again it seems cheap.  We really get a lot of bang for the buck in our electricity, even as hard as it is getting to pay every month.     

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)