AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

J&M 525 Grain Cart
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

730diesel
Posted 3/7/2013 21:50 (#2949905 - in reply to #2947735)
Subject: RE: J&M 525 Grain Cart

NE ND
There is cheaper units out there for what you want to do. I bought a Brent 672 last year for 8K. The paint was faded and it has no tarp, but it had new tires and was mechanically sound, never had one glitch all season. A few years back I rented a Killbros 425, an old, old unit. It was the worst thing I ever rented. I swear I fixed every single thing on it by the time I returned it. You name it, it broke. Hardly got to use it as I had to wait for parts or wet spells to fix it.

You can get by without a cart if your not in corn. Up until last year I had no corn and ran 4500 acres with no cart. Parked the trucks on one end, and the combines stop to dump. It is without question better with a cart. Way easier on trucks. Last year during harvest I never blew out one truck radiator, before it was usually every two days. The killer for me with a cart was always finding another guy to drive the damn thing. A lot of people say anyone can drive the cart. If there is only one combine, maybe true. But when there is three combines running around the field the person in the cart IMO needs to be sharp and seriously on the ball or a combine is standing.

Once again, don't buy an old Killbros.

Also, I cleaned some of my own seed just before winter and my cart is sitting in the shed full of seed for spring. Easy way to store seed.

Edited by 730diesel 3/7/2013 21:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)