AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"Man I'm glad I didn't buy that ground"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

JoshuaGA
Posted 3/4/2013 19:44 (#2942113 - in reply to #2941541)
Subject: Re: "Man I'm glad I didn't buy that ground"

Sumner GA, Located in southwest GA,
I understand your problem, farm was bought in 41 for a little over $5000, worth around a million today, still aint paid for and it still needs work. Meanwhile, every farm around us has sold to the same family, dad went the auction of one farm that borders our east side out of highschool and watched it sale, I did the same thing 30 years later, wasn't any way for me to buy it either, so just watched it sell. Farm to the north sold twice in five years privately and neither time were we approached, so much for being a good neighbor. The last family I have that has any land I know I will never have a chance at at this point, and there have been other situations like that as well. Funny, at one time, we were who you went to when you needed help, why I don't know, but when all those folks went to sell their land they went to everyone else, never considered us. Not bitter about it, but being the good neighbor apparently doesn't win friends when it sells. I am to the point that for the shortterm at least I will be a small farm, I just dont see anything on the horizion to change that. One day, maybe, my ship will sail into port, I just hope it doesn't sink before it gets to the dock.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)