AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

BUCK S
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Virginia Veg.
Posted 3/4/2013 18:10 (#2941804 - in reply to #2941702)
Subject: Better than lottery

Eastern VA. No such thing as too many Magnums.
I'd keep my chin up. You never know where the tide will carry you. 15 yrs ago I was in a bad way. I was just starting up here in Virginia. I was recently out of college and operating in the RED. High operating loans. Owed money on all land, buildings, equipment, and irrigation, and my house. I was paying three times more in interest than I was taking home to my family. But it made me careful. (or Cheap?) Things turned around. Not because I deserved it, or because I changed really, maybe just because I made it over some hurdles, and got a little better at what I do. Barely any debt at all now. I pay on the spot for most things. We don't have expensive taste. We don't mind running high hour equipment. I haven't bought a brand new tractor since the 90s. Don't borrow on depreciable items IF you can find another way, even if it means you have equipment envy. Three used tractors are better than a single new one, for me. I might hit a bad spot next year and be begging someone for work, who knows, but it certainly has been an amazing journey to get here.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)