AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Snow is melted, here is how our wheat looks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 3/4/2013 01:12 (#2940501 - in reply to #2937453)
Subject: Great Pic's

Wow great pic's Brandon. 

This is what I'm talking about.. when it's "game on" these guys can flat out crank it.. You hear stories of crops making more than the ground cost..

"How much did Grandpa pay for this quarter again..??" 

and so forth..

Mile after Mile after Mile.. 

The highest dryland wheat I ever saw for quite a while came out of NE Colorado.. something like 85+ bushels.. back in..??  like the late 1980's..??  like double what we did that year.. (uh-hum..).. or thereabouts. 

Just flat out CRUSHED it.  We have more dieases pressure.. and when it rains.. mudholes.. and whatnot but golly scenes like this just make your mouth water as you pass through.. oh.. 200+ miles or thereabouts..

I also like this one..

We had an L also.. smoked like a battleship rolling across a sea of wheat.. you could always tell where it was though...  Everything would be humming along pretty good.. say about 7 pm.. on a good day.. like the 2nd or 3rd day of harvest.. with a warm light southerly breeze.. and things are rolling.. lines at the elevator.. and the crop is like 15 to 20 bu BETTER than expected.. and everyone is getting dog tired.. but they still have big grins on their faces..

"Man.. WHAT A CROP!!"

"Where are we gonna put it all?" 

"Just heard on the Radio that the Russians bought a couple boatloads more.. and believe it or not the markets are HIGHER..Yal BABY!!  Guess the Board of Trade haven't heard about the crop size yet.. Do I sell.. or Wait.. what if the Ruskies buy MORE TOMORROW?!?  Someone said China could buy tomorrow.. "

"Elevator manager says he still can't get any railcars though..."

"IF things continue.. might trade for that L2..."

"Hey don't load those trucks so FULL..didn't you guys hear that Wheat was up the limit today.. Neighbors dumped some on the road on the way to town.. or was that us..??"

"Heck WHO cares?  JUST GO GET IT BABY!!!"

"Chance for rain tomorrow.. what if it Hails?  Golly wish we had a big Grain cart.. that 650 bu tandem JD looks pretty good over on the neighbors..Wow big enough to fill BOTH trucks.."

"Might buy a tandem truck also.."

24' header.. "Yal baby.. STAND BACK.. and let the Big dog eat..."

"Wow.. look at that custom crew across the road.. 3 bright shiney new L's.. smoking like a whole fleet of battleships... guess that's why the coop came out this morning to fuel them..  They ought to just park that little Massy Ferguson 510 though.. why even bother..??  Golly now they're even sending the GRAIN CART to town.. how long are the lines now?  Better start going to the bins.."

lol... and it WAS bigger than the 18' CII that it replaced.. 

"Big dog indeed."

Yup.. those were the days.. lol.. needed 2 trucks to haul the crop to town...
assume the other one was enroute. ;-)

Golly you got better soils than I do..

Man how do you handle all the hills out there..??   ;-

I know.. Eastern Snob... chuckle...

Edited by JonSCKs 3/4/2013 02:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)