AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need help with an IH 4700 with a 466E
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Bern
Posted 3/2/2013 10:04 (#2936477 - in reply to #2936439)
Subject: RE: Thought I had it ...WRONG

Mount Vernon, WA
Mike,

Even factory service manuals can be in error. I realized after I posted the last message, that in the second picture, the ground symbol next to connector #426 should be under the letter "B", not "A".

If you think the problem is electrical, you will want to backprobe the connector at the ECM with something like a paperclip and check for the appropriate power and grounds. If you remove the connector and do this, high resistance will NOT show up with a digital meter unless you load the circuit with a 5-amp light bulb, or something else with a similar load.

Since backprobing a connector can sometime be a hit and miss deal, you can remove the ECM connector and find yourself a 5-amp load, like a headlight. Use that to check for power and grounds at that connector.

If you think the problem is fuel related, remove the line AFTER the fuel pressure regulator on the back of the head, and insert another hose onto that fitting and stick it in a glass jar half full of fuel and watch for bubbles. Bubbles will indicate an air leak at some point BEFORE the transfer pump ("negative pressure").

I wish you lived a little closer. I'd have my students diagnose your truck as a class project.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Bern 3/3/2013 22:13

(DT #4.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DT #4.jpg (43KB - 1839 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)