AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pat H
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

pilgrim
Posted 2/28/2013 12:46 (#2932524 - in reply to #2932023)
Subject: Re: Pat H

Pocahontas, IA

All I asked for was sources?  

"There are folks that move forward cautiously, with science in their back pocket"  Could you give me an example of who this is in your opinion?

"There are those that sit on the sidelines and wail and Nash teeth and want things to return to how they used to be, with no concern for others"  These would be the radical, antisocial extremist, I get that.

"I've been part of these types of discussions for decades now, and I know what your arguments will be, and how you can quote 20 people with scientific 'studies' that - when looked into, turn out to be 14 people trying to sell books and speaking engagements; 5 people out of a liberal arts college who want the world to be a better place while living off govt arts grants; and one person who arranged snippets of govt statistics to prove what he or she wanted them to say, and is the kingpin book seller. There will be a religious like zeal of Internet web sites that redistribute there 'facts' amongst themselves, and whip up a following of city folk that want us all to return to 160 acre farms with 8 milk cows on each one, with no farmer ever allowed to make a profit, as farmers are supposed to feed people for free."  You think you have me pegged here, I am pretty sure that is what you are trying to say

I am actually in the camp of moving cautiously forward, but I do not have science in my back pocket, but I don't think there is anybody who can unequivocally. As I asked Pat H about how much he trusted the government and Monsanto to test glyphosate and the consequences of using this product , which he ducked, I will ask you the same?  What I question is how can a company that conducted its own test to get the government approval for a product it will make billions of dollars in sales on be trusted.

"I'm one of the smallest farmers on this site, all my neighbors were happily spraying glyphosate on all their crops years before I tried, begrudgingly, a gmo."    I would say I am in the same catagory.  Please don't take the route that Pat H took of sensationizing his position as that does not lead to a good dialogue.

My name and e-mail is in the profile as well

Mike Vosika

Pocahontas, IA

Edited by pilgrim 2/28/2013 12:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)