AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

fungicide and insecticide
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

soIN farm
Posted 2/28/2013 07:12 (#2931794 - in reply to #2931589)
Subject: Re: fungicide and insecticide

southern Indiana
Your post is very interesting in regards to curative/prevantive for fungicide and our return from this somewhat costly investment. Then throw in the fact that company A has hybrid XYZ and in their studies and fungicides don't work well because it is healthy hybrid. That really throws a curve to the decision process. I will say this however, early applications of fungicides do make for a healthier and stronger stalk at harvest time, especially corn. So from that aspect it is aiding standability and water mobility in the plant, but is it worth the investment again? From, what acres I have sprayed, then yes. But I watch my seed selection EXTREMELY close when making that decision. Granted a year like last year's drought, nothing is going to improve it past those conditions. There is no damn way any company should be touting their fungicide line up in those conditions, who cares if you go from 45bu/acre corn to 50bu/acre. I'm not saying they are wrong that they help but they need to pick and choose their staging a tad bit better......
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)