AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Landlord would like to know that roundup is safe
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

farmer12345
Posted 2/26/2013 17:55 (#2928195 - in reply to #2927953)
Subject: Re: Landlord would like to know that roundup is safe

I'm not exactly sure how to answer the question?

I'm hesitant to be in a field that has been sprayed recently, and I don't like being around chemicals in general. It does affect my breathing. At the same time I don't know if I buy the whole causes tumor thing. However as previously stated, there hasn't really been a study to prove one way or another. It seems as if all the Ag Universities are sponsored pretty heavily by the Ag chemical companies.

I'd be hesitant to say though that because its been sued for 30 years, we would see things. First, RR has only been heavily used for about 10 years. Second, in the great realm of things 10 years is a real small blip in the world history. So it is really early in terms of what can cause what. And more tumors are discovered every day, however its an argument within the medical field if they've always been there or if technology is discovering more.

So I guess I'd say, as long as he isn't spending a ton of time in the field while or soon after spraying, I don't think there is a terrible problem with spraying Roundup. However I'm more open to other chemicals, more or less though because of the amount of Roundup resistant weeds that are becoming prevalent.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)