AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Landlord would like to know that roundup is safe
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 2/26/2013 15:28 (#2927896 - in reply to #2927752)
Subject: Re: LD50 of roundup is less than....

cropsey, il 61731
caffiene! I realize we are back to the Carter climate of hand wringing and finding boogie men (and women) everywhere (except where they might be hanging out in gov't). We have a huge financial problem in the US that is, in part, caused by folks living lots longer than anticipated. Programs like social security were set up before gmo's and longer lifespans and now have a real problem paying folks living 10 to 20 years longer. So, if anything, health food stores need to toss all the non-gmo food in favor of much healthier food made with gmo's - that is using the activists reasoning.

This reminds me of preservatives that were used in foods in the 70's. There were cries about how terrible things like BHT was. Interestingly now we get salt and other replacements to help preserve foods and you can only get BHT in a health food store - it's an antioxidant. In Vietnam it was pretty clear that dead Vietnamese solders decayed much quicker compared the the dead Americans and this was attributed to preservatives. Great, activists complain about things they don't know about (as prophesied by Steve Martin) to the detriment of everyone.

Glyphosate was being developed as a detergent.

By the way, except when it doesn't rain, yields seem to be going up so apparently soil isn't being irreparably damaged by roundup.

Consider that there has been so much glyphosate used that if there were any indications of harmful effects they would be overwhelmingly obvious. We are just about doing the rat experiment where the rat gets a 10000X dose of a substance and seems to be doing fine.

To all who believe the antiglyphosate stories, you have a growth coming out of your skull that you can't see, but it's there and something has to be done about it. I can only help if you send me money and I'll let you know when it's gone - just trying to help.... gotta get on the plane with my buddy algore
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)