AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Splitting N applications
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 2/26/2013 15:08 (#2927862 - in reply to #2927506)
Subject: Re: Splitting N applications

Morris, IL
Welcome to agtalk. We have been doing some UAN with NTB type bar last two years. One year was nitro and next was hagie. Both showed good results and will be doing more of it on top of current system of sidedress or preplant NH3, planter UAN, and a broadcast UAN if COC.

I really like the system for splitting up N needs one more time but i'm not exactly sure on the how much and when? so look forward to any insight from this thread. I'm going to do some presidedress N test for first time this spring ahead of sidedress NH3, thinking about trying it later in season for topdress (i call UAN with NTB bar topdress) but i don't know how you adjust for in season N. Also we hire the topdress applied, don't have a Hagie (yet) and guy doing it almost got to try out a set of optrix sensors this past year. He talked like maybe they will for 2013 crop so i look forward to trying that if possible. Another option is manual crop sensors but not sure how that will work with variable field conditions. Again, welcome to agtalk.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)