AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Landlord would like to know that roundup is safe
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

rHiNoBaLlS
Posted 2/26/2013 13:08 (#2927608 - in reply to #2927560)
Subject: Re: Landlord would like to know that roundup is safe

WC MN
That's my point. Almost always there is something to gain be it profit or hysteria. Like or hate global warming/climate change theories, Al Gore cashed that cow in big time. Why people don't see through this blows my mind. He burns more in jet fuel just by taking off than I burn in a whole YEAR. But whatever.

Should you use Roundup as your only chemical control? No. Should we be bathing in it? No. Should you be drinking it? No . Should you be applying a 2.5% solution (AI). NO. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a quart of 4 lb product about a 1% solution in 12 gallons of water? And a 2.5% solution is sprayed at what RATE? I can put 8gpa down of 1.5% or 16 gpa at .75% and get the same product on the field. I have a hard time believing 1 lb AI of much of anything across an acre is going to do a whole lot of damage. Are there traces left over? Probably some. Enough to grow an extra set of legs on a frog? Probably not. Take the top foot of soil and multiply that by an acre. That's 43,560 cubic feet. Density is what? 100 lbs? So 4.3 million lbs. So you are going to tell me 1 lb of AI against 4.3 million is going to change the soil chemistry significantly? Whatever.

I love when they did the clean up of a gas station here a while back. The "soil" was polluted so they had to excavate it out and replace it. What did they do with the contaminated soil? They spread it out on the farmer's fields.

"The best solution for pollution is dilution."

Anyways, if people used their noggins a little bit we'd be in a better place.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)