AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MILLER WIRE FEED
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Franz
Posted 7/23/2006 12:35 (#29173 - in reply to #29158)
Subject: RE: MILLER WIRE FEED

Now Ed, there you go again. If I told you once, I told you 10,000 times, don't exadgerate. That Lincoln is 1940s production. I just happen to know that because one of the 5 coffy grinders I own is its twin. Sadly, it's now relegated to being a parts machine, and may be headed for scrap. If you want it, pay the shipping, and it's yours.

As far as wire squirters are concerned, I have a Miller 200, 1980 model, and a Hobart Bros 450 amp, that are both still squirting wire. I wouldn't be real thrilled about any manufacturer's current production machines, they've all cheapened the machines, and made them with a lot of unnecessary frills. Miller probably offers the best bang for the buck, as long as the buyer knows what he wants before he puts the cash down.

The Miller Passport is getting excellent reports for a first generation machine, so far. Miller put an inverter power supply in that, and created what is damn near a suitcase machine that you don't have to drag a power cable to. The 350 series machines too offer good value for the buck, if you have the work for them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)