AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

hi-tensile or barbed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Ben
Posted 2/19/2013 18:39 (#2911006 - in reply to #2910566)
Subject: RE: hi-tensile or barbed

North Mo.
This debate is older than the oldest profession known to man. Here is my take 1. I am lazy and cheap. 2. I use Hitensil for perimeters and it will be hot. I do not understand how in the heck someone's cattle go through a hot fence. They must be the wildest darn cattle on the planet. I will use 3 to 4 wires with 1 hedge post for a corner incased in concrete, the wire will be swinging somewhat loose. Think about it do you want to get close to something that might swing into you and bite the heck out of you? Cattle are the same way and remember electric is a fear fence not a brute force fence which over time will not work anyway. Ever seen a good 5 barb fence hold 2 bulls apart or say when it is 15 years old and there is good grass on the other side. Bossy will stretch to get the grass. 3. this is coming from a farm that has lord knows how many wires running everywhere and up to 300 head of bovines grazing at any one time. I would shudder to think how much a barb fence would cost on this farm. In fact I doubt if I would even bother to graze like I do. I'd just say to heck with it.
But you boys and girls keep on buying to help the economy. Ben
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)