AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain Target Prices
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 1/23/2008 14:17 (#290792 - in reply to #290714)
Subject: Re: Grain Target Prices

A couple of points here.
Remember when T. Boone Pickens first predicted $60 oil? I recall analysts & experts scoffing (who is this buffoon?) until they noticed he was a pretty good trader. Mr. Pickens is a large trader and has been for a long time. And RIGHT. When oil reached about $75, all the wall street houses raced to produce predictions because they all want some of the fund clearing business. A share of the interest income on margin deposits. Those folks don't really care if you make any money, they just like for a few bucks to land in their house for a few days & draw a little interest. It adds up.

If corn would ever hit $6.50, let's face it, it will require some event such as a drought. If such price ever occurs, stay off the roads in the rural areas or you will be struck by a livestock truck & if in the city, a sausage truck or a truck headed for the freezer with ground beef.

It is part of the overall game. "we'd better get something out for the boys & girls to read!" & send a MBA over to the library & pull out some data & throw together a report. Make a few assumptions & apply the math.

Is why I have always done my own research.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)