AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Illinois CDL testing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

cornhelper
Posted 2/13/2013 11:07 (#2896248 - in reply to #2895668)
Subject: RE: Illinois CDL testing

Sycamore , IL
I just went and got my cdl class a with endorsements. Study the whole training book as the questions on the General, Air, and Combinations are all randomly picked, and watch for those "trick" questions that they will throw in there! (you can study some at roadwars.com) On the pre-trip once again study the book, and once you think that you know everything study it again, as the examiners all have there own way of testing and usually will just point to a part or assembly and ask you to tell them about it (once again on the random), and how well you know it will usually tell them how knowledgeable you are, I went through a school and the teacher told us that he has seen some people get tested up to an hour just on the pre-trip, mine lasted about 10 minutes, and remember the phrase "Not bent, cracked or broken" as it applies to just about everything. For the road test double clutch it, don't run over any curbs or road lines, stop at all of the stop lines, double check when crossing railroad tracks even if they are not used anymore, signal your intentions early and try to get back to fifth or sixth gear when coming to a stop, and start out in 4th( gears were on a eaton fuller 10 speed), don't stall it and make sure that you are in gear when coming up to a stop, give them a nice smooth ride and don't give them a reason to fail you. And the last thing that I will say is Good Luck, stay calm and, chew some gum (if you like) while you take the tests as it usually helps calm the nerves.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)