AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deep Breath Here....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

feelnrite
Posted 1/21/2008 22:11 (#289203 - in reply to #289183)
Subject: RE: Deep Breath Here....

northwest tennessee
I just learned some info. A guy I work for some just called and I have been feeding some calves and have been worried about the market. He buys cattle for a living and has told me to hold them that it was going to get better. He is not big but not tiny either but has ties to lots bigger buyers. He was shipping about 5 loads a week back in the summer. Anyway he said they got calls today wanting them to sell cattle in march and april for 1.00 per pound on 800 pound steers which is alot better than it has been and he said the sales today were alot firmer. He didnt know if weather was playing a role since most of the worst would be over by then. He still thinks the cattle are not there though. There are very few cattle out in the country that havent been sold or in the south anyway. Everything that could be sold was sold. Maybe they know feed is going to be cheaper. Kind of funny it is all happening today. I think the feeders are starting to see that the supply is not what they thought it was. What do you make of this anyone?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)