AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SORRY!! I meant a 3010 not a 2010.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 7/22/2006 10:34 (#28862 - in reply to #28792)
Subject: RE: Hey don't knock my old reliable :-)

I must be the only person in the world who has a good word to say about the 2010 or one of the few that has a good one.

Sure there are some design shortcomings since it was the first all new design after the 2 cyl. The 1010 was pretty much a copy of a 420 or 430 ? The hydraulics were not really strong but for years ours pulled a 3-14 mounted plow, and also a 8ft disk, cultipacker and spike tooth combo. It was the first one I learned to drive and I spent a lot of time on it plowing. Ours was never abused or made to try and do more than it was designed for and has been a good tractor that still contributes today.

Grandpa bought this one new the local dealer sold 3 new ones and all 3 are still going strong as far as I know.

This is a gas utility version that still sees regular use on a finish mower, sickle bar mower and pulling wagons, and fertilizer tanks. Not to mention she will always start in the winter even at 20 below to get everything else going. Either to remove snow   or if you need to run a PTO generator to run block heaters to get the diesels started because the electric is off.

Edited by Von WC Ohio 7/22/2006 10:49

(8.JPG)

(9.JPG)

(2010.JPG)

(JD 2.JPG)

(P4280042 (Medium).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 8.JPG (68KB - 458 downloads)
Attachments 9.JPG (78KB - 424 downloads)
Attachments 2010.JPG (77KB - 445 downloads)
Attachments JD 2.JPG (60KB - 436 downloads)
Attachments P4280042 (Medium).JPG (92KB - 456 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)