AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

advice needed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

robaer1
Posted 7/22/2006 08:27 (#28837)
Subject: advice needed

Let me start by saying i'm in my 30's and both sides of my family{ mother,father}are fairly large farmers and i doooo not like borrowing money. I'm not saying borrowing money is wrong just not for me. OK, now to my problem and possibly a solution. In feb of 2007{i beleive}if evey thing goes ok i'm going to get my brokerage license and my own trucking authority. I am putting hard earned cash into this project and its costing some big bucks{just insurance for one truck runs $9,000 not inclueding permits and bs}. with my own brokerage license i do have a bond so if i haul for someone and they don't get paid for there freight you can go after my bond{$10,000}. On to my problem,i need cheap trucks or a backer to split costs or split on a purchase price of a better truck for you to use when needed. details to be worked out, one example we go in on a t600 kw you choose the engine etc. we buy for $34,000 you say i'm going to use the truck on thease dates and this amount of time with flexability. the more flexability the more you pay say you want it 7 months out of the year so expect to pay around about $20,000 and the option to share in profits when on the road but also share the expenses but have the option of a buy out on either party. just remember i'm flexable this is not set in stone.

How do you feel about going in on a truck that you could use when needed and also have the option of having your grain hauled or getting a cut of what the truck produced based on its income after expenses.
I'm looking for some way of getting around having debt and if i can help someone make some money while i make money then why not. also the freight is there and i will have some dedicated clients and also i have an edge on fuel prices but i have some permit and legal issues to work out before i can discuss that option if someone would choose to take that chance. I am very flexable in any options that one would want to put in a contract and i would like to work on a no loan bases for both partys. your farm truck sets how long every year? maybe,maybe we can work something out. ADVICE WELCOME! I can run an older truck for example you have an 87 pete that sets around and you want to bring it up to dot requirments and you want to make some money off it. i can and will run multiple trucks. the secret in the pudding is i have the cleints and the back haul avalible and the capability to pull that truck off the run when needed. this is my proposal what do you think?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)