AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pictures of BTO Rented Ground
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mav
Posted 7/22/2006 08:18 (#28834 - in reply to #28807)
Subject: RE: Volunteer Wheat

I guess a picture is not always worth a thousand words. Spreader or not, that is a lot of wheat they are running on the ground…and yes I do realize the loss in the strip is from the entire swath width. Plus, I doubt the volunteer wheat shows every bit of loss.

I can understand your spreader hypothesis. But, the loss starts (or stops) halfway through the field on one particular pass. So unless the spreader fell off during that one shot I have a hard time believing it to be the culprit.

What the picture does not show is that three combines harvested the field. I do not know which one was experiencing all the loss, but almost half of the field demonstrates this.

My opinion, I wish they would not run all their profits on the ground. Then they could meet their debt obligations and not have to file for bankruptcy. Of course I can see where one would take a financial hit when they 1) build a house 8X bigger than what I currently live in, 2) burn it down a month from completion, and 3) build it back at cost since it was not insured. Oh well, I guess it is better to be a huge failure rather than a small success.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)