AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Barn cams
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jusolson
Posted 2/8/2013 00:31 (#2883243 - in reply to #2879832)
Subject: Re: Barn cams

SC North Dakota
I put one in our calving barn last spring. Love it! I explored alot of different options before I talked with the guys from Allen Leigh. Google them. My barn is 40 x 80 and was worried I would need a couple different cameras or settle on only watching a few pens, but they have a camera setup that rotates and zooms that I can control from the house. This ment that I only needed 1 camera and I can watch the entire barn. The zoom is great too. I can easily read the ear tags on any cow in that barn. Took the wife some getting used to when I've got the udder zoomed in on a 50inch tv in the house. ha. It has infrared vision so a dark barn is not a problem. My barn is about 1500 ft or so from my house and picture is great. total setup was about 1800 bucks. well worth it. My last check is usually at 3 am and its so frustrating to find a heifer just starting to calve, then going back in the house to give her time, get dressed again to go check her. Now I just put her in the barn, and if she has no problems I get to bed earlier and easier!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)