AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shredders
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Gunner
Posted 7/21/2006 22:11 (#28749 - in reply to #28656)
Subject: RE: Shredders

Modena, Wisconsin
Stetts,

We have a JD 613 mower. It was the generation before the MX8 and is a 6 foot single blade. Dad uses it to mow the contour strips every summer and it does a good job. If he gets in real heavy grass it will leave the trash a little more to one side of the mower, but the new stuff never has any problem growing right up through the trash. We have replaced the seal on the bottom of the gearbox once and will need to replace the slip clutch this fall. I think this may have something to do with running it with way too much HP (150) but Dad normally takes it pretty slow when mowing. That is one of my projects when home this fall. I think it is a well built machine and the newer ones are probably even better. Back when Dad had the farm in CRP I got to run the neighbors 15 foot Rhino to mow the fields which contained a number of our best growing weed the box elder. It handled things fine. There may have been a little streaking but that may have had something to do with the less that flat terrain. I think they are both good machines but do kind of like the idea of the offset for mowing along the fences.

Gunner
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)