AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NH3 PRICE
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Tommy
Posted 1/19/2008 20:39 (#287374 - in reply to #287260)
Subject: Re: NH3 PRICE

Iowa
Trucking and storing sure don't provide REVENUE to me, they COST me. They are costs I don't have with soybeans. I guess I am too dumb to see it your way. Again, the extra bushels of corn to truck and store cost me money--I write a check for these costs.
Seed--1st year corn a herculex LL hybrid only w/o crusier or poncho--no tech fees, use liberty. 2nd year corn=triple stack.
Roughly a fourth more N for c/c, so my costs are in line with yours when you mult by 1.25.
Another cost you will incur if you stay with corn for several years, is $5-7/A for more preplant grass control to keep things clean before the liberty or roundup. Grass pressure will increase somewhat.

Never heard of spraying herb on beans three times. You must still plant beans in 30" rows? That gives up 4 or 5 bushels of yield as well.

Not saying not to plant c/c--I will have 800A of c/c this year. I am just standing by my figures--I write the checks. I can't for the life of me understand (maybe I'm just too dumb) why the extra trucking and storage--that costs me tens of thousands of dollars--doesn't count, not to mention that combining corn costs more than combining soybeans, or the fact that the extra several weeks of harvest just about wears us dead.

Enough said.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)